The art and culture of Varanasi is unique. It is the rich cultural tradition of Varanasi that makes it the cultural capital of India. A combination of archaeology, mythology, geography, art and history makes Varanasi a great center of Indian culture.
Some facts about varanasi that every indian and tourists must know..
1. You must be using Hi-Hello-Namaste to greet others elsewhere, but in Banaras it goes by Har Har Mahadev.
2. If you belong to Banaras, your surname has to be ‘Guru’.
3. ‘Bhosdi Ke’ is a highly sweetened-up remark for friends and folks over there which livens up any part of conversation. No profane connotation in it.
4. Despite the evolved clothing style, GAMCHA is still a widely recognized fashion statement of men on road.
5. Banarasi Paan is distinctively has its own charm.
6. Kulhad wali chai is preferred over Old Monk or Royal Stag.
7. ‘Jiya Raja’ is a colorful exclamation used to acknowledge exciting moments and fortunate things around.
8. You can’t discover anything more tranquilizing or serene than strolling on Dasaswamedh Ghat to watch Ganga Aarti in evening.
9. Banarasis talk Bhojpuri, walk Bhojpuri, and laugh Bhojpuri because Bhojpuri is a damn cool language.
10.Banarasi(people of Banaras) have a special talent to bargain and can even score an olympic gold in it.
11. Be it Mukhtar Ansari, Brijesh Singh, Munna Bajrangi or Dhananjay Singh, all MAAFIAS ofnearby areas (whether living or dead)are often discussed over chai, cigarette and paan on nukkads.
12. People of Banaras are the most friendly people with a ton of buddies for different walks of life.
13. They have truckload of social contacts and JUGAAD.